Wednesday 10 June 2015

Third eventful day in the Cotswolds Winchcomb to Cheltenham Kings


It's a windy but clear day and this photo was taken by a couple we met a few km into the walk.. We took their photo too... Not many people on the walk, which we are surprised about...but we are told that there are 120,000 walkers every year, which means that there are a lot of walkers we don't see... Amazing...



Our walk began with a muddy stile- both Rob and I are wearing sandals so not keen to walk through mud at the start of the day...


So over we go.. And walk around on the wooden fence till we could step onto grass..


A Neolithic  barrow...used as graveyards by Neolithic people over 5000 years ago and also used for ritual and religious purposes...


Many skeletons were found inside the four chambers  .. What do you make of the white blobs?  My camera lens was clean...folklore has it there are still energies around...orbs?


A different burial chamber




Walking through Beautiful forests 



Exquisitely shaped branches of the trees


Walking out of the Forrest down the road, we pass this beautiful bnb.. Unfortunately not the one we are staying in ...


The English have so many "commons",  carefully preserved


Pretty Shetland pony


We pass a field of cows, and I begin to sing to them ...( I love cows, it's the reason I don't eat them.). They stare at me, and white faced cow moves towards me up to the fence...


It's like she wants to talk to me?


And then all the others move to the fence, and I'm singing to all of them...



After some minutes, Rob pushes me to walk on, so I do... And as I walk, they run along the fence next to me...?  I felt like the cow whisperer!


We arrive at a beautiful manor guesthouse, wonderfully luxurious.. It's been a fascinating day...


Beautifully decorated, fab views out of our door onto part of their 100 acre garden.. We see squirrels and rabbits...



















No comments:

Post a Comment